Tuesday 13 April 2010

ode to smile


have you ever felt that somebody has stolen your smile? lately, this seems to be the case for me. it doesn't really matter how hard i try to bring it back, my sorrow is there in any step i make, in any door i open. it makes my food tasteless and my drink bitter.

losing my smile is maybe the most valuable thing for me and when it's gone i feel i am sinking into an internal dark. it doesn't feel like when the other day somebody stole my wallet off my bag. that didn't touch me an inch. in fact, i woke up next morning and couldn't remember what was that really important thing that had happened to me the previous day.

when your smile abandons you is like the spring of life that everyone of us carries within him/her has dried up. and you feel you can't live without it as you can't live without water.

5 comments:

  1. Good morning dear,

    sorry so much to hear about your pretty smile not being there...but it's ok...we people are not smiling robots...it will come back on your face when your heart smiles again.

    And sometimes our hearts have very good reasons to feel sorrow...and that's ok, too.

    I only hope that you find it back soon...until then I wish that all you like to do will bring at least an occasional smile.

    Warm hugs xx

    P.S: I had been robbed a few times in Greece...it's not the possesions that upset me ( eventhough once my brand new and rather expensive wallet was stollen), but the ugly act itself...and all the paper work I had to engage into doing for new documents (id, driving licence, cancelling cards...)

    I learned that in possesions there is no happiness but that we people bring the happiness to our possesions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iro,

    thank you so much for your kind words. they do help a lot! possessions for me mean nothing if i cant enjoy them with the people i love. today, it's been a hard day. but i do hope for better days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..somehow, I understand exactly how you feel...yes, better days are just around the corner...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunn,
    I miss so much spending time with you....
    I have more stories...
    Come here, lets wander around and have endlessly long coffees.
    I just came from Morocco. I have too much to tell you.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nataliya love you too! want to listen to all your stories. from morocco and your travels, sipping a huge latte with you.

    ReplyDelete